Sunday 3 November 2013

'Slice'

Slice
These first 4 images show a bust I made from cardboard 'slices' stacked in layers around a central pillar. 
I am full aware this does not look anything like a head and I could say its not meant to be replicatory and is just an artistic interpretation of the result of many hours of brainstorming and that I chose this to experiment with creating a product and in fact this piece represents my thought process of the world slice in my head whilst brain storming and actually my head is made of slices.of a head and creating it using the world slice. You may accept that answer and then be led to think it is a good piece of work, well thought out and a good way to 3 dimentionalise my ideas, however I will now tell you the real reason this piece looks the way it does, its called the Violent Crime Reduction Act 2006 and this prevents me from being able to carve any detail at all, scissors only my friends. So basically sorry but making this piece have any more detail or tidy it up would be illegal so sorry.





 This photo shows the model partly disassembled to show what its made of, I arranged them in order of being stacked, going right -left. I bet you feel better after looking at that! 

Some more pictures that don't show you anything new and are not particularly interesting, and it definatley did not take long to set up. I hope you enjoy.


 Very expressionful photography of my second piece concerning the word slice.


You can the manikin is made from wire and the figure has a removable slice out of him, this could connect the figure to themes such as 'slice of life' or' I'de like a piece of you'. The figure is fairly generic, it appears to represent an adult Caucasian male, however with no facial features it is hard to dissurn the emotions on this character.

                            
"excuse me dude I think you've dropped something"
                                                                                 " Oh its okay its just my spleen"















No comments:

Post a Comment